The Machine Materials Laboratory at the institute of Physics of the University of Amsterdam is looking for excellent, highly motivated postdoctoral research c…
Two Postdoctoral Researchers: Process Analysis and Control
- Comeniuslaan, Nijmegen, Gelderland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 4028 per maand
We are looking for two Postdoctoral Researchers to work on exciting new projects that integrate academic research with industrial implementation and societal benefit. You will combine your advanced chemometrics/data science knowledge with your ability ...
We are looking for two Postdoctoral Researchers to work on exciting new projects that integrate academic research with industrial implementation and societal benefit. You will combine your advanced chemometrics/data science knowledge with your ability to bring together researchers from different disciplines with project stakeholders from industry. This should also enable you to combine scientific developments in chemometric methodology with step changes in process efficiency. The Analytical Chemistry department at Radboud University works together with the Control Systems and Statistics departments at the Eindhoven University of Technology on these projects. In the first project, industrial process monitoring is extended to include more comprehensive streaming systems with considerable variability in, for example, natural source materials. The second project integrates industrial process monitoring, and more specifically process analytical technology, with advanced model-based control of several large chemical processes within the Dutch chemical industry. Both projects will increase process efficiency, energy consumption and supervision of end-product quality. The work will involve both academic research and project management.
- you have a PhD in Chemometrics, Data Science, Applied Statistics, Chemical Engineering, Analytical Chemistry, or a related field;
- you are proficient in the use of chemometrics methods, such as principal component analysis and partial least squares regression;
- you are able to work independently in a programming environment (preferably MATLAB) to modify, adapt and apply these methods to industrial datasets;
- you have demonstrable affinity with disseminating your research in papers and presentations at international conferences;
- you are able to communicate the added value of your scientific developments and ambitions to a multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers and managers in industry and academia;
- you have affinity and experience with working with various colleagues at different locations (who may have different degrees of experience) within a project-based environment.
Conditionsyour performance will be evaluated after the first year
- you will be classified as a Postdoctoral Researcher 4 in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
The Faculty of Science is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Additional informationJeroen Jansen, Assistant Professor/(acting) Head of Department
+31 6 21553444
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. A place with a personal touch, where top-flight education and research take place on a beautiful green campus in modern buildings with state-of-art facilities.
Faculty of Science
The department of Analytical Chemistry at the Institute for Molecules and Materials at Radboud University is the university’s oldest and largest academic research group and works exclusively on the application and development of chemometrics and chemical data science for the quantitative analysis of analytical chemical data. We develop novel models in many application areas, ranging from environmental analysis, industrial process monitoring to medical diagnosis. Much of our work takes place in close collaboration with stakeholders such as the process industry, regulatory bodies and hospitals. The department currently consists of three senior researchers, two visiting professors, three postdoctoral researchers, five PhDs and five guest researchers. The department is heavily involved in teaching statistics and data science to Chemistry and Life Science students at Radboud University.
No commercial propositions please.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature