Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Rijksoverheid
Senior wetenschappelijk onderzoeker / topexpertRijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en MilieuHet centrum Gezondheidsbescherming is volop in ontwikkeling. Als en…
The Johann Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science (JBI) of the Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a tenure track assistant professor in Mathematical Physics. JBI offers excellent opportunities for conducting ...
The Johann Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science (JBI) of the Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a tenure track assistant professor in Mathematical Physics. JBI offers excellent opportunities for conducting research in the broad interdisciplinary area between mathematics and its applications. We seek a new faculty member with a high potential for developing an internationally recognized research line within the unit “Dynamical Systems, Geometry & Mathematical Physics”. Candidates with expertise in either of the fields semiclassical quantum mechanics and/or integrable systems are particularly encouraged to apply. Both of these fields connect to present research activities in mathematics in Groningen.
- a PhD degree in the relevant field
- at least two years postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partly compensate this)
- excellent research qualities in the above subject area, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
- teaching and organizational experience appropriate to career stage
- evidence of successful acquisition of external funding appropriate to career stage.
- a team player with good communications skills
- open to collaborations with other scientific areas
- willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
- willing to learn the Dutch language.
Faculty of Science and Engineering Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Balanced study and career paths in a wide variety of disciplines encourage currently more than 30,000 students and researchers to develop their own individual talents. Belonging to the best research universities in Europe, the top 100 universities in the world and joining forces with prestigious partner universities and networks, the University of Groningen is truly an international place of knowledge.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature