The Business Controller will report to the Managing Director Netherlands (hierarchically) and to the Finance Senior Manager Central Europe (functionally). The position holder ensures effective decision support systems by acting as a business partner to the Dutch Managing Director, preparing and providing relevant business information as well as coordinating and steering strategic and operational planning processes, including a comprehensive reporting system and efficient data management.
You tasks will furthermore be:
- Implement and control the strategic short- to mid-term business plan for the appropriate budgets of each department as agreed upon with the Managing Director, acting as a business partner, as well as monitor the financial impact of business developments and report to the Managing Director in case of deviations in order to meet company targets
- Ensure accurate, complete and timely budgeting (recording, reporting, simulations, etc.) for the Netherlands and ensure the communication of P&L items’ analyses and planning to all internal interfaces, ensure reporting to Headquarters as well as to the functional superior, monitor costs and initiate corrective action in case of deviations, in agreement with the Managing Director, in order to meet budget requirements
- Ensure an efficient coordination of the planning and forecasting process (P&L: net sales, volumes, OH costs), including the accurate, complete and timely recording of sales, in order to prepare consistent and reliable budgets and forecasts for the Netherlands in a timely manner and to act as a business partner providing support to the decision processes in sales and marketing
- Develop and implement as well as adapting existing controlling tools and standard processes for the Netherlands according to local business needs in order to realize more efficient processes within global controlling policies & tools
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed in consideration of defined basic concepts in order to secure the efficiency of the organizational structure, and monitor performance of the reporting structure as key business partners
- Ensure the correctness of the logistic costs by accurate reporting and analyses & acting as a business partner for the HQ
- Contribute to cross country activities in Central Europe, ensuring timely and accurate reporting
Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it’s now an international Group present in more than 100 countries. As a world leader in the markets of pasta and ready–to–use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is worldwide recognized as a symbol of Italian knowhow. Worldwide, Barilla has a revenue of € 3 Billion and over 8.000 employees. Wasa is one of the well-known brands of Barilla in the Netherlands.
Working at Barilla offers you a challenging, independent and responsible position in the food sector. In a small and motivated team from their office in Vianen, the position of Business Controller offers you personal growth and great international career opportunities.