The Machine Materials Laboratory at the institute of Physics of the University of Amsterdam is looking for excellent, highly motivated postdoctoral research c…
Assistant or Associate professor in Information Systems for Business
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3427 - € 6349 per maand
The Amsterdam Business School (ABS) of the Faculty of Economics and Business has a vacancy for an Assistant or Associate professor in Information Systems for Business.
The new tenure-track Assistant or Associate professor is a ...
The new tenure-track Assistant or Associate professor is a specialist in Business Information systems.
The job consists of:
- teaching courses on Information Systems, including process and data modelling as well as data analytics, and thesis supervision at Bachelor, Master and PhD level. Time dedicated to teaching activities will be around 50% of total working time;
- conducting Research Projects related to Business Information Systems and the school’s focus areas. Application may be in any relevant domain of business, including Marketing, Finance, Operations Management, HR or Strategy. Time dedicated to research activities will be around 50% of total working time;
- attracting governmental and industry funding for these research projects;
- some managerial tasks.
To qualify for the position, a candidate should
- have a PhD in (Business) Information Systems from a department in Computer Science, Engineering, or (Technical) Business Studies;
- have published and/or submitted articles to international top-tier journals;
- have demonstrated excellent teaching skills;
- have shown success in attracting research grants and/or industry sponsored projects;
- hossess a relevant international academic and/or industry network.
Applicants for the associate professor position should have:
- at least 4 – 6 years experience at assistant professor level;
- some managerial experience in teaching and research.
We offer a challenging job with ample opportunity for personal development in an attractive international work environment. ABS is a growing, research driven business school at an internationally recognized university that has the ambition to become a leading international player in the field of management research and education. ABS is located in the heart of Amsterdam, the cultural and financial capital of the Netherlands. Amsterdam offers a cosmopolitan living environment with excellent connections to the rest of the world.
The appointee at the assistant professor level will be offered a tenure track position for six years. Upon meeting the tenure track criteria, a permanent contract as Associate professor will be offered.
Salary will be in accordance with Dutch academic salary scales and include a pension scheme. A substantial reduction in income tax (equal to 30% of taxable salary) may apply to non-Dutch candidates. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
Applicants who require further information about these positions may contact:
- professor Hans Borgman, chair of the search committee
Applicants should submit a complete curriculum vitae, cover letter, two research papers (published or unpublished), teaching evaluations (if available) and three reference letters before 2 May 2017 to the Personnel Department via:
Please include job reference number 17-103.
With over 5,000 employees, 30,000 students and a budget of more than 600 million euros, the University of Amsterdam (UvA) is an intellectual hub within the Netherlands. Teaching and research at the UvA are conducted within seven faculties: Humanities, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Economics and Business, Law, Science, Medicine and Dentistry. Housed on four city campuses in or near the heart of Amsterdam, where disciplines come together and interact, the faculties have close links with thousands of researchers and hundreds of institutions at home and abroad.
The UvA’s students and employees are independent thinkers, competent rebels who dare to question dogmas and aren’t satisfied with easy answers and standard solutions. To work at the UvA is to work in an independent, creative, innovative and international climate characterised by an open atmosphere and a genuine engagement with the city of Amsterdam and society.Amsterdam Business School
The Amsterdam Business School (ABS) is part of the University of Amsterdam’s Faculty of Economics and Business. ABS Master in Business Administration was #1 ranked in 2016 and the school is internationally recognised triple-crown accredited. It has around 3,000 full-time students and 120 FTE academic staff. One of the school’s core focus areas is the application of Data Science in all areas of business studies: Marketing, Finance, Operations Management, HR, Accounting and Strategy.
To stimulate Big Data & Business Analytics, the school actively participates in Amsterdam Data Science, an all department initiative of the University of Amsterdam (UvA), the VU University Amsterdam VU), the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (HvA) and the Center for Mathematics & Computer Science (CWI). Within Amsterdam Data Science, a large number of research projects on Data Science take place, both with a theoretical focus and with an applied / industrial focus.
The school further participates in an university-wide Minor in Data Science at Bachelor level, a Master track in Digital Business, a Big Data track within the Master Econometrics, a MBA in Big Data & Business Analytics and several post-graduate programmes on Big Data & Business Analytics, inclusing programmes on industrial statistics and Lean Six Sigma.
Finally, the school participates in the Tinbergen Institute, a globally top 5% ranked institute for (Business) Economic and Econometric research of the University of Amsterdam, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature